We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Senior Community Events Assistant to join our team. The Senior Community Events Assistant will play a key role in planning, coordinating, and executing various events and activities for older people in the Greater London Area. This role presents an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of seniors by facilitating social connections and promoting their well-being.
This post is working across our resources in South Hertfordshire and North London. You will be expected to travel to different venues and will need use of a vehicle for work.
This post is full time for 36.25 hours per week working Monday to Friday. The role involves evening and Sundays, therefore flexible working with time off in lieu will be an expectation.
What you will be doing:
- Providing day-to-day operational delivery of events, and leisure activities catered to Jewish “active elderly”, older people and volunteers.
- Supporting the ongoing research, development, operational planning, and implementation of a schedule of events and leisure activities that meet the need of an increasingly diverse Jewish community.
- Support the coordination and wellbeing of volunteers throughout the community events calendar and ensure that Community Services are maximising the potential of the community’s volunteer workforce.
- Monitoring the events budget to maximise value for money, operating events efficiently.
- Helping identify and develop partnership opportunities with community organisations.
- Working with Health and Safety and catering colleagues to ensure that the physical environment, environmental management, and catering services are safe and well run.
- Facilitating and participating in activities and programming.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to take part in safeguarding concern enquiries, follow up appropriately and to enhance the quality of life of our service users.
What you will need:
- Experience in a front-line role, working with older and/or disabled people or equivalent personal experience.
- Experience working with volunteers or volunteering.
- Experience socialising with or talking to older, disabled, or people living with dementia, in a personal or professional capacity.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to deliver a consistently high-quality customer experience.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community
- A working knowledge of how to deliver an effective, high-quality activity and social inclusion program.
- Awareness of physical and mental health issues affecting older people