We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration – if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
At West Northamptonshire Council it really is about our people, people who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working and care about every detail. As a young unitary council (launched in April 2021) we are still developing our employer brand and we are now looking for a new Resourcing Manager to continue to grow our excellent employer reputation and help attract the strongest candidates to fill our critical roles across the council.
What will you be doing?
We are passionate about our organisational culture and offering careers that empower and which provide a true sense of achievement and pride. As the council’s Resourcing Manager you will play a vital part in this, leading our resourcing service, being responsible for expert professional resourcing advice, and setting and delivering our talent attraction and selection strategy.
You will work across all services and functions, so in addition to your substantial recruitment experience, knowledge and your technical skills, you will be customer focussed and have the ability to build strong relationships quickly with both internal and external partners. The scope to make a difference with this role is huge and you will absolutely be someone who is consistently asking ‘is there a better way to do this?’
You will bring a passion for creating innovative, creative and engaging media content and we will give you the freedom to apply these in developing and further embedding our employer brand and the way we recruit both internally and externally, to ensure that WNC really is a place where careers thrive.
If this role appeals to you and believe this is your next career step, we would love to hear from you, this truly is an exciting time and opportunity to join our HR service. The role will be undertaken through a blend remote and office working, with office locations around the West Northamptonshire area (Northampton, Daventry and Towcester). Applications from individuals who want to work on a part time basis are also welcomed.
And of course, if you would like to discuss the role further prior to applying please contact Alison Golding, Assistant Director Workforce & Transformation via email@example.com Interviews will take place week commencing 11th December 2023.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.