Do you have excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and offer solutions?
Have you got strong analytical skills with the ability to manage and interpret large volumes of complex data?
If so, come and join our team at EDF as a Pricing Analyst!
As a Pricing Analyst with EDF Business Solutions (EBS), you will provide complex pricing/valuations to the EBS sales teams, utilising on-system/off-system calculation of prices for individuals or groups of customers whilst also developing bespoke solutions for new requirements.
EBS’ Bespoke Pricing Team supports EBS Sales teams reaching their sales targets and is accountable for the timely and accurate delivery of prices/valuations, contracts and tender responses.
Pay, benefits and culture
Alongside a negotiable salary depending on experience and a market-leading pension scheme, we offer a range of flexible benefits to support our people across all aspects of their lives.
Your rewards package includes a choice of benefits, such as electric vehicle leasing, enhanced parental leave, health insurance, discounts and employee pricing.
Flexible working means you can work from home (if you wish) and we’ll provide a suite of IT equipment to ensure that you can work remotely comfortably and effectively.
As we have staff based across a number of locations there may be an occasional requirement to travel, including international travel.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
Your key responsibilities in this role will be:
• Maintenance of standing system and model data (e.g. Energy Curves, internal cost components, Bespoke Non-Energy Costs) and for the technical delivery of complex price / valuations for EBS Customers, utilising production Pricing / Billing systems and desk-developed tools.
• Analyse and validate customer, volumetric and cost data to generate accurate prices/valuations for a range of products to fulfil Contract Management commitments e.g. Energy and Non-Energy cost reconciliation, Management Fee adjustments etc.
• Generate consumption forecasts by analysing requests (both customer and business driven) to fulfil customer contractual obligations and protect EDF Energy’s exposure, in support of hedging and imbalance activities.
• Evaluate data and processes to identify areas for improvement in business operations, policies, processes & controls and support the investment cases for new initiatives and projects by validating performance impacts.
• Continuously drive initiatives that improve operational performance, through process optimisation, automation, outsourcing, and enhancing tools.
• Support the formation of new activities in the Bespoke Pricing team to enable the appropriate governance and accurate calculation of internal costs (e.g. Cost to Serve, Cost of Bad Debt etc.).
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to work in a high-pressure operation environment with a keenness to challenge the status quo and look for innovative ways to improve processes.
You’ll need to have intermediate/advanced MS excel skills and have a strong academic record or equivalent industry experience.
If you have knowledge or a background in statistics/machine learning this would be an advantage along with knowledge of the UK energy sector, however if not training will be provided.
Closing date for applications: 05.12.2023
Location: Flexible/Home working
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.