We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Supply Team team at Greggs in Birmingham
We can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 21 days (4.2 weeks) annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service, plus bank holidays and 1 additional floating day
- Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
- Paid breaks
- Free hot drinks while on a shift break
- Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
- Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
- Career progression and learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing
- Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers
- A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
- Colleague Networks – internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
- This is a full-time role (40 hours per week) however flexibility in this will be considered.
- We know that having a work-life balance is important, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role
- The base location for this role is Birmingham
What you’ll do
As operational trainer you’ll:
- Facilitate Journey to Excellence Training Programme (J2E) for all new employees on site, utilising the relevant training plans to ensure compliance on day 1.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures across your site liaising with site management teams and Regional LDF. This includes creating SOPs for new equipment and updating existing SOPs when changes to a process have taken place.
- Support the development of skills on the shop floor using Standard Work Charts (SWCs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Standard Working Practices (SWPs) and Cleaning Instruction Cards (CICs) This includes –
o Ensuring all new starters are trained against the relevant training standards within their 12-week probation period including updating line manager of progress and capability.
o All existing employees are trained against the relevant training standards.
o Retrain out SOPs following changes to the process.
o Carry out initial & yearly assessments to ensure operational excellence is achieved & maintained utilising the ‘buddy system’ to ensure new starters are partnered with experienced and professional operators.
o Support the development of a multi skilled site.
o Maintain accurate training matrices
- Coordinate YGL training on site, working with each department to ensure completion of YGL modules within the agreed training windows. This includes –
o Maximising the use of YGL suites
o On hand to support with questions regarding content or potential technical issues
o Maintaining YGL suites (Hygiene and fully operational equipment)
- Deliver Manual Handling Training & TRACA assessments, ensuring each operative receives manual handling training and the required number of observations per year (minimum of 4) This includes –
o Maintaining accurate training records via the TRACA App
- Work closely with management teams & Regional LDF to identify key priorities on your site.
- Supporting sites with preparation of training data for audits, e.g., BRC, ISO14001
You will fit right into this role if you can demonstrate:
- You are a strong team player, able to build good working relationships at all levels
- A proven ability to provide excellence in customer service
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of, and the ability to multi-task and work with multiple priorities calmly and at pace
- Strong skills in planning, prioritising, and organising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Multi-tasking and working with multiple priorities at pace, delivering results within tight timescales
- IT skills including Microsoft 365; SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and using own initiative
- Enjoy being part of a hard-working team, sharing the same end goal, and celebrating results together
- Are supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good
- Want to develop and are ready to work alongside some great people and have lots of fun on your Greggs journey!
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.