We are seeking a MLRO to join us on a 20 hour contract per week reporting to the Senior Manager, Compliance. The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience managing Anti Money Laundering requirements, preferably as an MLRO or Deputy MLRO and will be familiar with the Money Laundering Regulations. Ideally you will have been trained in Anti Money Laundering by an appropriate professional body.
- Keep up to date with national and international developments in AML
- Design and implement procedures for AML and Counter Terrorism Finance.
- In conjunction with the company’s training team, design and deliver AML training and share awareness of AML requirements, procedures, risks, etc.
- Deal with any issues referred by the AML Compliance Officer
- Act as principal contact between the business and the authorities:
- Consider internal suspicious activity reports
- Maintain an account at the National Crime Agency for reporting suspicious activity.
- Maintain expertise in the various AML AI applications that IRIS uses to automate its AML activities
- Take the lead in handling any compliance check or external AML audit conducted by either IRIS’s AML Supervisor, or any other official AML body, such as OPBAS or HMRC
- Experience in data protection and privacy, with a good understanding of the evolving regulations in other compliance areas, e.g. anti-bribery and corruption.
- Experience of designing, reviewing and implementing policies, and delivering the associated training to teams.
- Experience in project management
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus Bonus and Benefits
Location: UK Remote