GM Music Tutor – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: GM Music Tutor
- Job Location: Colwell Centre for Arts in Education
- Salary: £2,169.05 – £2,459.54 (pro rata salary – including A/L allowance)
- Hours per Week: 3.00, Term time only (30 weeks a year)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 30/11/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 6084
- This post is not open to job share
GM Music Tutor – Leader of Lakeside Concert Band (LCB)
Weekly Work Address: Lakeside School, Hatherley Road, Cheltenham. GL51 6HR
Gloucestershire Music Office Address: Colwell Arts Centre, Derby Road, Gloucester. GL1 4AD
Hours: 3 hours a week (Hours incl. 2 hours leading the group and additional preparation time) – Evenings
Day and time: Thursdays, 19:00 – 21:00 (Rate includes extra preparation time).
Regularity: 30 sessions throughout year during term time.
From and till: Start January 2024
About the Role
This post will support Gloucestershire Music in achieving high quality music education by effectively supporting, tutoring, instructing or coaching musicians – in this case – adult learners.
Lakeside Concert Band is an intermediate concert band catering for adult players of Grade 1 – 4 standard. The band was formed in 2005 to accommodate the rising number of wind and brass players in the county who had progressed to an intermediate level of playing through the Learn As You Play scheme. The intention of the band was to fill the gap between the Learn As You Play groups and the Gloucestershire Symphonic Wind Band. Current members include former Learn As You Play members, adults who have learnt privately and want to play in a group and adults who have not played for a long time and wish to get back in the swing of things.
This position will involve motivating and inspiring adults to progress their musical learning through ensemble playing. This post would suit somebody with experience of leading such ensembles and who has a passion for concert band repertoire. The successful candidate will have creative leadership over the group and will work in collaboration for the aims and visions of LCB with the Extended Learning and Provisions Manager and the Head of Service for Gloucestershire Music. Performance opportunities will be created by the GM Management Team for the group to showcase their skills at various times of the year.
This job sits within the GM Music Tutor Job Profile but will primarily only involve leading Lakeside Concert Band (LCB) in the first instance. There is scope however for the post holder to take on other tuition roles within the service if there is demand and the candidate has the required skills and experience. As the advertised role is soley working with adults a DBS check is not required however an Enhanced and Barred DBS check would be required if additional work was taken on and the requirement to work with children was necessary.
In return we will offer you:
• Regular formal and informal support.
• Safe, supportive, and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision.
• Access to relevant training and career progression.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
• Cycle to Work scheme.
• Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+), Young Employees Network, Black Workers Network and Neurodiversity Workers Network.
• Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C’s apply).
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Hybrid working arrangements are available for the majority of our roles, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice, with a mix of both remote and office working.