We have an exciting opportunity to join our amazing Hospitality Team. We are looking for a Chef de Partie to assist our Sous Chef in managing all catering functions and the delivery of Hotel Services within Jewish Care’s Homes and Community Centres.
The Chef de Partie may oversee one area of the kitchen and will be responsible for the effective delivery of food services and customer care to an excellent standard. Accountable for maintaining food standards, meeting Health & Safety Regulations, handling finances and managing/developing a team with effective communication.
This post is for 35 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days and will include some weekends.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the Head Chef and Sous Chef to manage and deliver all catering services across the organisation, ensuring resident’s liberty, dignity and safety are maintained
- Ensuring all food hygiene and Health & Safety practices are monitored and standards are met and recorded in line with organisational policies and current legislation
- Overseeing all food production is to the agreed standard
- Developing innovative approaches towards presentation of dishes, menu planning and procedures that will optimize the cooking process
- Reviewing and executing the menu on a regular basis, acknowledging seasonal changes in supplies, market trends and cultural requirements
- Meeting the special needs and dietary requirements of residents and demonstrating awareness of cultural and religious preferences.
What you will need:
- City & Guilds 7051/7062 or equivalent qualification.
- Health & Hygiene NVQ Level 2 or QCF equivalent.
- Proven experience as a Chef, preferably in multi-site operations.
- Experience of high standard food preparation.
- Knowledge of dietary requirements and allergen awareness.
- Knowledge of cultural requirements and producing a varied menu.
- Awareness of waste disposal techniques and infection control.
- Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations.