Overview

Job Title: Asset Maintenance Technician Apprentice

Apprenticeship Standard: Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician
Business Area: Water Supply

Start Salary: £15,341 per annum

Start Date: Monday 2nd September 2024

Dive into the world of water supply as an apprentice with Anglian Water – where every drop counts, and your journey begins!

Our Water Services teams work hard to ensure that the water supply process delivers wholesome drinking water to our customers. To do this, we need to make sure that our equipment on our water supply assets is operating correctly and reliably. We are looking for enthusiastic talent to be a part of this commitment and become an Asset Technician Apprentice.

You will learn and assist electrical and mechanical tasks that create the clean water process. Training as a multi-skilled technician in mechanical and electrical engineering, you’ll work to carry out routine operations and maintenance on our water supply assets. Whether you are looking to kick start your career, seeking a new challenge or considering a career change, we have opportunities for all! In this 4-year apprenticeship, you’ll undergo a comprehensive training program, blending classroom study and on-the-job training, with the goal of becoming a fully qualified Asset Technician.

What’s in it for you?  

  • A nationally recognised qualification - Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician

  • A full-time job at the end of your apprenticeship (subject to performance and behavioural reviews)     

  • 25  days annual leave – rising with length of service (plus the choice to buy & sell leave)         

  • Company Pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 12% employer contribution     

  • Personal private health care       

  • Fully expensed accommodation close to the training centre         

  • Fully expensed tools, uniform, and PPE tailored to your personal needs     

  • Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle, and an extensive range of retail discounts   

What you’ll be doing

You will work alongside colleagues to build on your knowledge to report on both failing and failed assets and work to diagnose faults. This will involve fixing jobs that are already scheduled and responding to incidents that come up unexpectedly. No two days are the same in this varied role! You’ll be passionate about problem solving; utilising your training to determine and carry out the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions. You’ll regularly monitor the performance of our assets using IT systems, and work to improve our assets to ensure they are working at their best performance.

Upon being fully qualified, this role operates a standby shift on a rolling pattern which you would be expected to complete up to 2 standby shifts a week.

Your journey

Embark on this 4-year adventure of training and learning, meeting new peers with other new apprentices. You will spend 80% of your time at your work base, getting to know your new team with onsite training. You will spend the other 20% of your time in the classroom learning fundamental skills to equip you with the knowledge needed to be successful in your role.

To be successful as an Anglian Water Apprentice you will require:        

  • Maths, English & Science GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (achieved or predicted accepted)

  • A desire to learn while working in a practical environment 

  • A willingness to work outdoors in all weathers 

  • A passion for problem solving

  

As well as the above, you are required to hold a full UK driving licence prior to the completion of year 4 of the training programme. You will also need to live within the circumference of the area that the role will cover.

Previous apprenticeship applicants for this year need not apply

Inclusion at Anglian Water   

Inclusion is for everyone, and we are an equal opportunity employer, which means we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we are committed to creating an environment where all our colleagues feel they belong.    

Closing: Midnight Sunday 2nd June 2024

Assessment Centre: Thursday 4th July 2024 at Heigham Water Treatment Works, Norwich

Before you apply -
Register now and turn on alerts for jobs like this!

By registering you agree to our terms and conditions.

No thanks, continue to apply